Empower children and young people to achieve their full potential
Do you love helping people and making a difference in your community? Do you want to positively influence New Zealand’s tamariki to make better decisions and overall make their future brighter? This opportunity will not only see you changing the lives of those around you but will leave you knowing that the work you are doing is making a significant contribution and difference.
If being a Social Worker is your passion, then we want you to join us on our journey.
What can you expect as a Social Worker with Oranga Tamariki?
- A challenging and rewarding career: Come to work each day knowing that you can directly make a difference to the lives of children and young people in your community.
- A supportive and encouraging environment: People are listened to, respected and trusted. You will be encouraged to learn and grow within our organisation and we’ll support you in achieving your aspirations.
- Comprehensive induction programme and on-going training: We give you the tools and support that you need to succeed in your job, including regular supervision.
- A committed team with the same purpose: Putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of everything we do.
Who are we looking for?
Our ideal candidates will be:
- New Social Work graduates or experienced practitioners
- Dedicated to putting children and young people first
- Resilient, motivated and caring
- Culturally responsive and committed to bi-cultural practice
- A confident communicator with excellent written and verbal
- Excited about joining us on our journey